Anyone who hires people either for their organisations or for their personal convenience like house maid or a driver should be aware of how important it is to run a background check on their potential employee. It is for everyone’s safety, security and mental peace. You would be surprised to know the number of people who lie to their potential employers about their past-be it employment or any criminal history. We live in a world where it is very important to know our hire the same way they know themselves. Here are 5 common situations when and why you should do a background check:-
- Know your driver: “Chain se sona hai, toh jag jaaye”. A popular phrase from a TV programme which translates to if you want to sleep peacefully then wake up. It is true. How often do we read news reports about accidents like a school bus full of children involved in an accident? If you are thinking of hiring a driver who will drop your kids to school or you to your office, you need to run a background check on them to know about your driver’s past. Where children or your own safety is involved, make sure to know the background of these people into whose care you entrust your kids.
- Marriage Partner Verification: Don’t risk your son’s or daughter’s life with an unverified marital alliance. Marriage fraud today is on the rise. Check, verify and find out everything you possibly can before getting them married. Whether the prospective spouse lives overseas, in another part of India or even from the same city, their background should be checked and verified. Entering into a marriage without proper verification can cost you and your child emotional and financial damages.
- Hiring care givers: Many of us working class people have elderly parents or relatives at home, in need of constant care. We hire a care giver who can take care of our folks but can we trust them? A simple background check will ensure safety of not our elderly folks but our homes too.
- Identity theft: So much of our information is available online and there are always chances of someone stealing our identity. So we need to run a self-verification on ourselves to find whether everything on our verification report is fine.
- Renting out your home: Your new tenant may have a past. A criminal past. A police verification may not reveal everything about them. Run a background check on them before you rent out to them because a comprehensive background check will reveal facts about them that will compromise your own safety.
Run a google search with anyone of the situations listed above and see for yourself the amount of news reports or cases that would come up. It should worry you but if there is a problem there is a solution.
IndiaVerify, an online verification service offering from AuthBridge, has been designed for the individual customer. With the wealth of screening experience, especially in the Indian market, the team at AuthBridge understood the need for verification services for the independent user.
Verifying your domestic help, driver, tenant and your marriage partner is as critical to your personal safety and well-being as is screening candidates, vendors and business partners for the security in the corporate world.
So is any of the above 5 situations relevant to you? Then click here and know more on how to run a background check.
Over To You
If you have done a background check
Share with your friends and acquaintances if they would require one of these checks
Any feedback or any enquiry.